This event is part of The 2030 Movement, a free two-week online festival for the next leaders and innovators in tech. Head to The2030Movement.com to see the full schedule.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a VC? Is emerging and disruptive tech your bread and butter?
This event will take you behind the scenes of venture capitalism, drawing back the curtain on how investment decisions are made and what technologies are placed to be the biggest breakthroughs by 2030.
Join GA for a robust discussion on:
- Predicting the future of technology
- Industries that will be disrupted by 2030
- Current technologies set to boom or bust
- The art of investing in tech
Whether tech investment intrigues you or you’re just fascinated by emerging tech, you won’t want to miss this panel event!
- Amra Naidoo | General Partner & Co-Founder, Accelerating Asia
- Melissa Ran | Head of Community, Airtree
- Tom Humphrey | Principal, Blackbird Ventures
- Kim Hansen | CEO & Co-Founder, Cake Equity
- [Moderator] Tejas Parikh | Talent Manager, Entrepreneur First
- Accelerating Asia: Accelerating Asia is the leading startup engagement platform that connects investors, partners and clients to the best startups in Asia and beyond through acceleration, investment opportunities and engagement. At the core of the work we do is the guiding belief that entrepreneurs are humanity’s greatest catalysts for positive change.
- Airtree Ventures: AirTree was founded in 2014 to back Australia and New Zealand’s most ambitious technology entrepreneurs. Their second $250m fund in 2016, was the largest ever venture-capital focused fund raised in Australia. So far AirTree has partnered with, and supported more than 45 technology companies, including a growing number of highly successful ones such as Canva, Prospa, 90 Seconds and Hyper Anna.
- Blackbird Ventures: Blackbird is a venture capital firm whose mission is to invest in wild hearts, with the wildest ideas, right at the beginning. We do this by raising funds, investing in the best startup companies and helping them succeed. Since launching in 2012, we have more than a billion dollars under management and a portfolio of over 70 companies including some of the most successful Australian startups such as Canva, Zoox, SafetyCulture, Culture Amp and Propeller Aero.
- Cake: We’re on a mission to simplify the way startups and scaleups raise capital, manage shareholders and grow their business.