In this four-week intensive course with TFD co-founder and designer Lauren Ver Hage, we’ll cover everything you need to get the visual packaging of your side hustle, small business, or personal brand up and running (and living up to the professional appearance it deserves).
Three immersive 90-minute seminars with real-time Q&As will culminate in a two-hour final group critique class, where the instructor takes each student’s project and reviews it live. A cap of 30 students means this course will be intimate and bespoke, and each student will walk away with a visual brand for their project of choice that is refined, original, and easy to build on.
Check out the full syllabus on our website!
The course will also feature a dedicated, private Slack that will be available for the entire duration of the course for continued collaboration, networking, feedback, and community-building with your fellow students. Each course will also feature a 45-minute Office Hours live Zoom with Lauren to answer one-off questions and liaise with students.
You don’t have to be a designer to take this course — you just need a creative eye, a few key tools, and a willingness to learn!
- You have a personal brand, side hustle, small business, passion project, or hobby that you want to develop into a visually beautiful, professional-looking entity
- You have an interest in monetizing said personal brand, side hustle, small business, passion project, or hobby
- You want to learn more about aesthetics like color palettes, fonts, imagery, etc. but don’t know where to start
- Need guidance on building out the visual components of your brand like a website and social media graphics and content
- Need guidance on social media marketing strategy, i.e. how to make sure your project is reaching the right audience and fits within your overall visual brand strategy, to achieve your project’s business goals
- NOTE: This class is NOT a typical graphic design class, and you don’t have to be a designer or have previous graphic design/branding experience to sign up. In the first class, Lauren will be guiding students through the fundamentals of good graphic design, including what visual elements to use when creating a dynamic visual brand, what layout practices to be mindful of, a step-by-step tutorial on how to use Canva to create beautiful graphics, and more.
4- week course:
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 – 6:30pm – 8pm (EST)
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021- 6:30pm – 8pm (EST)
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 – 6:30pm – 8pm (EST)
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm (EST)
Top-Level Takeaways From This Course:
- The ability to create a brand look and feel from scratch
- The know-how to produce meaningful and engaging content that is aesthetically coherent
- The ability to discern and execute the right visual social media and digital strategies for your brand
- Working knowledge of the most essential graphic design practices and the thought process behind these principles
- Real-world, applicable exercises that you can follow along with and use as practice for your own branding
- The ability to develop a creative pitch that unifies visual design with savvy business strategy to help you monetize your content or project
- Real-time critiques and advice on your current branding by a veteran designer who has built the visual identity of several successful businesses
- Basic proficiency in some kind of online or app-based art software is required
- Examples of suitable tools: Canva, Easil, Stencil, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Spark
Students will be expected to present one assignment for the group critique that takes place for the duration of the class on Week 4.
Lauren Ver Hage’s Bio:
Lauren is the cofounder of The Financial Diet, and serves as its in-house graphic designer and art director. Since 2015, she’s cherished the opportunity that TFD has given her to create work that informs, educates, and delights our followers across video, social media, and print. Lauren is also the illustrator and designer behind Statement Cards. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, hiking, reading science fiction, and generally obsessing over her dog, Luna.
“Lauren did an amazing job – presented information in a professional, engaging, fun and understanding way”
“I really enjoyed the workshop! As someone who also has a design background, I would really love to go more in depth on branding and web design. I will be checking out the workshop you sent on starting a website. Thanks for the help!”
“I loved the demos and really appreciate that we were invited to the Slack Workspace afterwards and received links and resources! I feel like the experience went beyond just the slides, which makes me excited to participate in future TFD workshops!”
How much does this course cost?
This course is $299 for either the 4-week program or the weekend intensive. You will have unlimited access to the recordings for 12 months starting the first day of class.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Do you accept refunds?
Due to the exclusive nature of this course, all sales are final and non-refundable. If needed, we may be able to accommodate moving you to a different session, pending availability.
If you have any questions on deciding if this course is for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.
How long will I have access to this course?
You will have unlimited access to the full course content for a full year starting the first day of class.
What happens after I purchase this course?
After you purchase, you will be sent a confirmation email from Eventbrite. One week before your course begins, you will receive a welcome email with the full syllabus, workbook, and instructions on accessing the course.
The day after the last class, you will receive a wrap-up email with instructions on accessing the course materials.
When will the full course outline be announced?
The full course outline will be announced in mid-February.
I can’t commit to either date now, will this course be available again in the future?
Yes, we plan to announce more dates later this year.
Are you offering a scholarship program for this course?
Yes. For each session, we will be offering one full scholarship. If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com, titled “Visual Brand Scholarship Application,” telling us about why this scholarship is important to you and what you plan to do with the knowledge and practical skills you gain from this course.
The scholarship recipient will be notified the week of March 8th!